Talk submissions for Play by Play 2020 are officially open from now until 11.59pm Friday 10th January 2020.
Wellington's favourite offbeat game development conference is back for our fifth year! Play by Play aims to provide attendees with a curated smorgasbord of eclectic content, bespoke knowledge and oft unexplored realms of our craft.
This year, we invite you to share your experience points with us as we explore our theme for 2020: Bigger than we know.
It doesn't matter what your background or involvement in games is – anyone from professionals to hobbyists is welcome to speak at Play by Play. We also provide a mentorship programme for new speakers.
We're interested in talks that deliver thought provoking messages through humour, eccentricity and unique perspectives. Play by Play talks are fun, sometimes funny, and give us something real to think about or use in our daily lives. Past talks have included: Introducing your friends as cuss words, a keynote about diversity in games opened with a sung parody to Lorde’s Royals, the importance of tactical butt cheeks, and playing games wrong.
This year's theme is:
Bigger than we know
We want speakers to examine and dissect their own personal meaning and interpretation of this theme in resonance to the topic and takeaways of their talk.
Other relevant information for you:
- Talk submissions close 11.59pm Friday 10th January 2020.
- Play by Play will take place on the 24th & 25th of April 2020, in Wellington, New Zealand.
- Accepted speakers receive a free pass to Play by Play's ticketed events, including the conference and awards night.
- In line with our core values, we highly encourage diversity and speaking applications from those with unique and/or underrepresented perspectives.
- For examples of previous talks and reference of the feel/tone/content of the Play by Play conference, visit the NZ Games Festival YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/NZGamesFestival